A two-day certification course designed to provide the application, design and installation details necessary to ensure successful installation and operation of the INTREPID™ MicroPoint™ II / MicroNet™ II fence detection systems. Includes lecture and hands-on installation / operation of this system. Students attending in-person course will be tested prior to certification and must achieve a minimum grade of 70% to be certified. Online course requires additional onsite installation / maintenance activities for certification.
- Experience in the servicing of electronic security systems.
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system, PCs.
- Laptop PC with administrative rights and Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3 with .net framework 3.5 or higher), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit), Windows 8 Pro or Windows 10 Pro operating system
- db9 Serial Port or USB to Serial Port Adapter (with appropriate drivers)
- USB A to B Cable and Network Cable (with appropriate drivers)
DAY 1 – 8:00am to 4:30pm
- INTREPID™ MicroPoint™ II / MicroNet™ II System Overview
- INTREPID™ MicroPoint™ II / MicroNet™ II Hardware
- INTREPID™ MicroPoint™ II / MicroNet™ II Software
- Alarm Input Module II (AIM II) / Relay Output Module II (ROM II)
- INTREPID™ System Controller Overview
- Control Module II-N (CM II-N) Design Parameters and Software Configuration
- Graphic Control Module II (GCM II) Design Parameters and Software Configuration
- Connecting MicroPoint™ II with CM II-N
- Certification Exam
DAY 2 – 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Certification Exam Review
- Practical Application: Setup of MicroPoint™ II system with GCM II, AIM II / ROM II